Bonfires and Bells. National Memory and the Protestant Calendar in Elizabethan and Stuart England
Berkeley, University of California Press, 1989
Home Life in Colonial Days
Alice Morse Earle
Stockbridge, Mass., Berkshire House, Reissued 1993
Stations of the Sun: A History of the Ritual Year in Britain
New York, Oxford University Press, 2001
Changes in the Land. Indians, Colonists, and the Ecology of New England
New York, Hilland Wang, 1983
American Colonies: The Settlement of North America to 1800
New York, Viking Press, 2001
Kalman, Bobbie. Colonial Life. New York: Crabtree Publishing Company, 1992.
Kalman, Bobbie. Early Schools. New York: Crabree Publishing Company, 1991.
Larkin, Jack. The Reshaping of Everyday Life. New York: Harper & Row, 1988.
McGovern, Ann. If You Lived in Colonial Times. New York: Scholastic, 1964.
* Adams, James Truslow (1921). The Founding of New England. New York: Atlantic Monthly Press.
* Andrews, Charles M. (1904). Colonial Self-Government, 1652-1689.
* Andrews, Charles M. (1932). The Colonial Background of the American Revolution.
* Andrews, Charles M. (1934-38). The Colonial Period of American History. (the standard overview in four volumes)
* Bonomi, Patricia U. (1988). Under the Cope of Heaven: Religion, Society, and Politics in Colonial America. (online at ACLS History e-book project)
* Bonomi, Patricia U. (1971). A Factious People: Politics and Society in Colonial New York.
* Breen, T. H (1980). Puritans and Adventurers: Change and Persistence in Early America.
* Bruce, Philip A. (1896). Economic History of Virginia in the Seventeenth Century: An Inquiry into the Material Condition of the People, Based on Original and Contemporaneous Records. New York: Macmillan.
* Cobb, Sanford H. (1902). The Rise of Religious Liberty in America: A History. New York: Macmillan.
* Crane, Verner W. (1920). The Southern Frontier, 1670-1732.
* Greene, Evarts Boutelle (1905). Provincial America, 1690-1740. New York, N.Y.: Harper and Brothers.
* Illick, Joseph E. (1976). Colonial Pennsylvania: A History.
* Kulikoff, Allan (2000). From British Peasants to Colonial American Farmers.
* Osgood, Herbert L. (1904-07). The American Colonies in the Seventeenth Century.. New York: Columbia University Press.
* Taylor, Alan (2001). American Colonies. (authoritative overview of colonial America, including British, Spanish, French, and Dutch colonies)
* Wertenbaker, Thomas (1914). Virginia under the Stuarts, 1607-1688.
* Kavenagh, W. Keith (1973). Foundations of Colonial America: A Documentary History.